Well Child & Classroom Policies
KidsWorld cannot accept children into a classroom who display any of the following symptoms:
- Fever (in the last 24 hours)
- Diarrhea and/or vomiting (in the last 24 hours)
- Pink eye or other eye infections (red, crusty, or watery discharge)
- Sore throat
- Sneezing or cough, if persistent and/or productive
- Colored nasal discharge: white viral infection; yellow or green bacterial infection
- Jaundice (yellowing of the eyes or skin)
- Any skin infections; sores and/or crusts on the scalp, face or body particularly if red, swollen, draining, or spreading
- Skin eruptions or rash (other than diaper rash)
- Any communicable diseases (chicken pox, etc.)
Note: KidsWorld staff and volunteers will not dispense medication to children.
Parents entering room:
For the safety of the children and volunteers we ask that parents not enter our nursery rooms. We will call parents if their child is unable to be calmed within a fifteen-minute period. Parents are welcome to look in the window of the classroom or fill out the appropriate KidsWorld applications to serve in their child’s classroom.
Graham crackers and snack crackers are provided in our nursery classrooms for children over 6 months. Parents should alert caregivers in the event they would prefer their child not receive a snack. Children are allowed to bring their own snack or juice. Please put your child’s name on any cup, bowl, bottle, etc. you send with them.
If the bite is severe, parents of both children will be called immediately.
If the bite does not draw blood and is not on the face:
- The biter is immediately placed in a crib.
- Wound will be washed and the bitten child will be comforted.
- If the child has just been soft-mouthed, the parent will not be called unless the child cannot be calmed down.
- When the parents come to pick up their children, parents of each child will be told of the incident.
If it is the biters second time biting a child or volunteer, his or her parents will be paged immediately. They will be removed from all KidsWorld involvement for at least two weeks or until their biting phase has passed.
- Welcome To KidsWorld
- What We Have For Kids
- What We Have For Parents
- Serving in KidsWorld & Awana
- KidsWorld Volunteer Training
- Music Downloads
- Photo Gallery
- Contact KidsWorld