The Social Awareness Team exists to inform the church body concerning cultural and social issues that challenge our faith. Additionally, we equip and motivate individuals to compassionate and informed action.
Do you have questions about Social Awareness? Click Here for a listing of Frequently Asked Questions.
Sanctity of Life:
January 22, 2013 marked the 40th anniversary of the Supreme Court ruling in Roe v. Wade, which removed legal protection from unborn babies throughout the entire United States.
Since January 22, 1973, over 50 million lives have been lost to abortion and countless women and men have suffered the consequences of the abortion choice.
Click HERE to check out Carries story
Walks for Life:
Join our area pregnancy centers, help raise support if desired and walk for life as a community group!
Dekalb Campus - We Care Pregnancy Center - Saturday, May 4. More info. here.
St. Charles & Bartlett Campuses - Fox Valley Pregnancy Center - Saturday, May 18. More info. here.
Blackberry Creek Campus - Pregnancy Information Center - 5K Family Fun Run/Walk - Saturday, Jun 15. More info. here.
What Can I Do?
- Come check out our new Prayer Project on 2nd Saturday! Christ Community prays for individuals and issues surrounding Life at Planned Parenthood/Crisis Pregnancy Centers and other social issues we are facing in today's world. Just show up to the St. Charles Campus KidsWorld Theater (near Door K) on the 2nd Saturday of the month at 8:15am. We will then gather onsite for a time of instruction and prayer time.
- Come out to one of Planned Parenthood's largest abortion clinics in the United States on the 3rd Friday of each month. Christ Community Church sponsors one day of prayer each month with people willing to come out and be a silent praying presence at this clinic. If praying for the unborn, young, unwed mom's/dad's & future generations is on your heart, WE NEED YOU! Sign up for a 1-hour prayer slot or get directions and additional resources here.
- Participate in the annual baby bottle drive at any of our regional campuses in May. The drive supports local pregnancy centers.
- Walk for Life alongside local pregnancy centers in April/May of each year.
- Volunteer at a local pregnancy center
Fox Valley Pregnancy Center - South Elgin & St. Charles
Phone: Ruth at 847.697.0200
- Take a stand for life in October with The Life Chain, a time of silence in the streets of our communities. Inquire for more information below.
- Write a letter/email to our legislators to express your concerns and encourage them to vote for legislation that supports LIFE; against legislation that opposes LIFE; and to thank them for their service. Watch the video at the bottom of the page to see how you can voice your opinion.
1. Protection of Life:
- Life would be viewed/valued at the moment of conception
- Additional resources /staffing for Pregnancy Info Centers in IL & US
- Ultrasounds would be required as a woman considers options for her baby
- Exposure of the abortion industry & the long-term harm done to the mom
- An end to abortion on demand in our state & nation
- Adoption organizations would be protected & given the freedom to place children in healthy homes
- Abstinence education funding re-established in our state/nation
- God's design for marriage would be valued/respected by our local/federal government
- Legislators would vote in accordance to the best for a healthy society
- State & Federal Legislators would have wisdom, courage & strength, & clarity to vote for Biblical values/morals
- Education in our state/nation would honor biblical marriage by teaching facts
- Churches would be protected to marry those who are seeking Biblical Marriage
- Mainstream media coverage of the facts about homosexual marriage
- Illinois Family Institute
- Concerned Christian Americans
- American Family Association
- Alliance Defense Fund
- Pro-Life Action League
- For Illinois Legislative updates via email, contact: Concerned Christian Americans
- Informative websites/news links/magazines keeping up with the culture:
- Family Resource Council
- American Family Association
- World Magazine
Read Abby Johnson's story that exposes the truth about Planned Parenthood in her book - UNPLANNED. Abby, a former Planned Parenthood director, is now working to save babies. Learn more about Abby at citizenmagazine.com.
Be a Voice!
Many folks not only do not know how to contact their state legislators, but they also are not aware of just how easy it is! Watch this video below on how you can be a voice:
- What is Community Impact?
- Serving Opportunities
- Life @ Work
- The Job Connection
- Super 2nd Saturday