The Social Awareness Team exists to inform the church body concerning cultural and social issues that challenge our faith. Additionally, we equip and motivate individuals to compassionate and informed action.
Do you have questions about Social Awareness? Click Here for a listing of Frequently Asked Questions.
What Can I Do?
2nd Saturday Prayer
Onsite Prayer at Planned Parenthood
Walk for Life
Volunteer at local Pregnancy Center
Be a public Witness
Write a letter to your legislator
Onsite Prayer at Planned Parenthood - Come out to one of Planned Parenthood's largest abortion clinics in the United States on the 3rd Friday of each month. Christ Community Church sponsors one day of prayer each month with people willing to come out and be a silent praying presence at this clinic. If praying for the unborn, young, unwed mom's/dad's & future generations is on your heart, WE NEED YOU! Sign up for a 1-hour prayer slot or get directions and additional resources here.
Walk for Life alongside local pregnancy centers in April/May of each year.
Volunteer at a local pregnancy center
Fox Valley Pregnancy Center - South Elgin & St. Charles
Phone: Ruth at 847.697.0200
We Care Pregnancy Clinic - DeKalb
Pregnancy Information Center - Aurora
Be a Public Witness - Take a stand for life in October with The Life Chain, a time of silence in the streets of our communities.
Be A Voice - Write a letter/email to our legislators to express your concerns and encourage them to vote for legislation that supports LIFE; against legislation that opposes LIFE; and to thank them for their service. Watch the video at the bottom of the page to see how you can voice your opinion.
Great resources to stay informed:
- Informative websites/news links/magazines keeping up with the culture:
- Family Resource Council
- American Family Association
- World Magazine
- Read Abby Johnson's story that exposes the truth about Planned Parenthood in her book - UNPLANNED. Abby, a former Planned Parenthood director, is now working to save babies. Learn more about Abby at citizenmagazine.com.
1. Protection of Life
2. Protection of Biblical Marriage (between one man & one woman)
3. Protection of Biblical para-church organizations who seek to protect God's values in the public square
- What is Community Impact?
- Serving Opportunities
- Community Group Serving Opportunities
- Job Transitions Workshop (Life @ Work)
- The Job Connection
- Community Impact Home
- Super 2nd Saturday