Sexual Integrity (Men) - Aurora
Sexual Integrity: Men is a 12-week workshop and is a life changing experience for men struggling unsuccessfully with lust, pornography, sexual addiction, or other habitual sexual sin. It is based on the book “Surfing for God: Discovering the Divine Desire Beneath Sexual Struggle” by Michael Cusick and is led and facilitated by men who have lived the message of Surfing for God and have found hope and freedom.
Whether you are just beginning your recovery, or well into the journey, the Surfing for God workshop provides a practical and powerful way for you to take the next step in your healing journey.
Here’s how the workshop will specifically benefit your journey of healing:
- Discover the emotional, relational, and spiritual roots of your compulsive and out of control behavior.
- Recognize the legitimate thirsts and desires beneath your struggle.
- Learn how to connect the reality of your thirsts and desires to your relationship with God.
- Identify your soul brokenness and connect how it relates to acting out sexually.
- Understand how shame keeps you locked in a vicious cycle of sexual sin.
- Demolish spiritual strongholds–shame based beliefs and lies.
- Interrupt the endless cycle of “lather, rinse, repeat”.
- Discover the neurological realities of porn addiction to ”reboot” and “rewire” your brain.
- Journey with other men struggling with similar issues.
- Establish a plan to continue your journey to freedom.
Your group will meet off campus in private/confidential "virtual" (video or audio) meetings during this time. Please see important meeting information:
- The meeting log-in information and resource material will be provided upon registration.
- Your Care Night Leader will contact you about logging into your private meeting.
- To protect the privacy of all members of your group, please wear headphones/ear buds/etc. during your meeting.
- You will get the best connection for your meeting if you are either close to your internet router or plugged in with an Ethernet cord. Pad and phone devices will work as well.
There is usually a resource materials fee, but due to this session's virtual format, we will be encouraging members to purchase their own resource materials online. This information will be sent following registration.
Spring Session: Tuesdays, April 14 - June 30, 2020. 6:30-8:30 pm.