Please tell us how your family time together goes by emailing or by tagging Christ Community Church on social media!
If you missed a past week of KidsWorld Online, you can access past week's lessons HERE.
NURSERY PARENTS: Each week we bless your children, and we want to be sure we give you the resources for that as well! Check out this short video about blessing, and download the blessing card.
March Blessing Card
PRESCHOOL-ELEMENTARY LESSON - March 28/29
This weekend is what we call a "Remember & Celebrate Weekend" in KidsWorld! It's when we take a pause and remember all we have learned about who God is and celebrate all that he is to us and has done for us. The lesson looks a little different, but we hope it is a way for your family to connect and to remember and celebrate together!
During Explore, your kids engage in fun, creative activities designed to pique their curiosity about the day’s portion of The Big God Story.
During this Explore activity, talk as a family about what truths about God are especially meaningful to your family right now.
- Different Art Mediums - examples: markers, crayons, paint, chalk
- OPTIONAL: canvas or a piece of wood
Over the last month, we have explored many truths about who God is and what he has done. When we remember who God is and what he has done, we can think about our current circumstances and know that he can and will do those things again. Using the list of truths about God below, choose one and create some art around that truth. You might write the truth and decorate around it, print it out on a piece of paper and color or paint around it, or visually represent it in some way by thinking of a symbol or object that reminds you of it.
OPTIONAL: Create a canvas or a wood board with a particularly meaningful truth on it to hang in your home. Allow everyone to participate in some way!
Truths we have learned about God:
- God is Faithful
- God Protects
- God Leads
- God is The Living God
- God Heals
- Jesus is God
WORSHIP TOGETHER & THE BIG GOD STORY
This weekend we have TWO video options for your family - watch one or both!
During respond time, kids reflect on what the Holy Spirit is teaching them and respond through creative activities and games.
- The Bible says that God is faithful to us. What are some ways that God has been faithful to you?
- Who made the way for us to be with God forever?
- How would you like to thank God today?
- Would someone like to say our Remember Verse for us? What do you like about this verse? What have you learned about God from this verse?
- What is something you have recently prayed to God for? How has God answered your prayers?
- Have you been afraid of something and asked God to help you? Can you tell the story about that?
- What is something really special or exciting that God has done in your life recently?
- What is something you have learned about God in the past month and how does it change the way you live or what you believe about yourself or other people?
Roll a Truth
- Print out this pattern: Truths Dice
Print and cut out the dice pattern. Tape the edges to make a cube. Take turns rolling the die. Each time you roll, tell a story about how you have seen God demonstrate that truth, either in The Big God Story, or in your life.
Ask your children to hold out their hands to receive this blessing you read over them. A blessing implies a future hope, so speak these words with hope for your children!
Spend time praying over your kids, and think of a short blessing for each one. A blessing can be a phrase such as, “I pray you have peace,” “I pray God blesses you this week,” or “I pray God gives you joy.”
Have the kids hold their hands in front of them, palms up, as you pray the blessing from Psalm 100:4–5:
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.
End with the following blessing over your entire family:
May you trust in God whose faithfulness is bigger than we can ever imagine. He loves you, hears you, and rejoices in you. May you remember His faithfulness this week.