As a couple considering the amazing covenant-relationship of marriage, we at CCC strongly urge you to seek wise counsel before actually getting married. To that end, our Pre-Marriage Mentoring is a ministry designed to prepare engaged couples for a lifelong marital commitment.
For more information about how to take the next steps toward pre-marriage mentoring and to plan your wedding, please complete the "Pre-marriage Wedding Info Form" by clicking here.
For more information on Weddings at Christ Community, please click here
Pre-Marriage Mentoring begins 4 - 6 months prior to the wedding date and involves the following:
- Being committed to a pre-planned schedule of 9 sessions with a CCC mentor couple that has been married at least 7 years
- Traveling to the mentor's home for each of the 90 minute sessions
- Completing assigned reading and homework with preparedness to discuss it prior to each session
The materials we use have been selected and approved by CCC Staff and Elders and include the following:
- An online assessment called "Prepare and Enrich."
- Preparing For Marriage by Dennis Rainey (primary workbook)
For more information and / or questions about cost, pre-marriage mentors and other wedding-related next steps, please reach out to one of the pastors below:
- Streamwood Campus: Cory Schumate at 630.657.8129
- Aurora Campus: 630.450.8000
- DeKalb Campus: 815.787.6161
- St. Charles Campus: Jorge Cruz at 630.485.3345