PARENT PATHWAY: COMMIT
4th – 5th grade kids are beginning to commit to making their faith their own and together with their parents are experiencing some of the tangible expressions of faith within the church. In 4th and 5th grades we encourage you to be intentional about talking to your kids about Communion and Baptism.
In 4th & 5th grades, we encourage kids who have made a personal commitment to put their faith and trust in Jesus to consider baptism. Baptism is an outward symbol of an inward decision to trust Christ, and we want kids to consider it carefully with their parents’ guidance. To find out more about our baptism process, please contact the KidsWorld pastor at your campus. The Baptism Guide is a good place to start in discerning your child’s readiness, and it is also a requirement for children to complete alongside their parents.
AGE & STAGE RESOURCES
QUESTIONS TO BEGIN SPIRITUAL CONVERSATIONS
Having spiritual conversations with your kids is one of the best ways to help them grow spiritually and to encourage lifetime faith.
– Spiritual Parenting – Michelle Anthony
– Leading Your Child to Jesus – David Staal
– How to Lead Your Child to Christ – Robert Wolgemuth
– Keep the Siblings, Lose the Rivalry – Todd Cartmell
– The Sticky Faith Guide for Your Family – Kara Powell
– Teaching Your Children Healthy Sexuality – Jim Burns
– Not So Fast – Ann Kroeker