PARENT PATHWAY: PREPARE
In this stage, we recognize you are dreaming and planning for parenthood through birth or adoption, and we want to be available to you. We want to partner with you to help you know what to expect spiritually when you’re expecting.
LET US WALK ASIDE YOU!
We would love for you to share some basic information about your impending arrival so we can be a resource for you and pray for you!
If you are considering or actively in the process of adoption/foster care and would like to connect with someone who has navigated this process.
The dedication service is a confirmation between the parents and the church that each will do their part to see the child discover and fulfill God’s unique purpose for his or her life. Child Dedications are held twice a year during adult worship services.
BOOKS & RESOURCES
- Habits of the Household by Justin Whitmel Earley
- Zero to One: Parenting Through the “I Need You Now” Phase – Reggie Joiner & Kristen Ivy
- Parenting: 14 Gospel Principles – Paul David Tripp
- Spiritual Parenting – Michelle Anthony
FOR ADOPTIVE PARENTS
- The Connected Child – Karyn B. Purvis
- Adopted For Life – Russell Moore
- Mommy’s Heart Went POP! – Christina Kyllonen
- Prayers for Adoption: Prayer cards for the journey – The Daily Grace Co.