FREE TRUNK OR TREAT
Join us and invite your family, friends, and neighbors to our Free Trunk or Treat kids event on Saturday, October 31 from 3:30 to 5:30pm.
Help Kids, Meet Neighbors
Every year, Operation Christmas Child gives us the chance to change children's lives all over the world through a simple shoebox gift.
This year, we are using this initiative as an outreach opportunity to meet and build relationships with our neighbors. It's basically applying Canning Hunger strategy to Operation Christmas Child.
Pastor Jim explained the big idea in this week's ONE THING video.
Here's what to do:
1) Pick up Neighbor Packs of 3 or 5 boxes at any of our campuses starting October 17. These are already bundled in to-go packs with instructions for you as well as instructions for your neighbors. You can also pick up individual boxes at all campuses.
2) Drop-off boxes to your neighbors by November 6 and let them know when you will be picking them up.
3) Collect shoeboxes by November 13 or arrange for a special time for your neighbors to return the completed boxes to you. Bring your shoeboxes back to your campus by November 15 or on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9am-5pm.
If you'd rather build a virtual shoebox, click here.
Christ Community is partnering with Samaritan's Purse to be one of 4,000 drop-off locations for Operation Christmas Child. During the Week of November 16 - November 23, 100 volunteers are needed to direct traffic, greet, pack, and load boxes, and pray! Learn more and sign up.
NEW: BIBLE SAVVY SEMINAR
On October 29, Clayton Keenon will teach a seminar on the Book of Genesis to prepare us to read it together in the Bible Savvy reading schedule this November.
The workshop will be available both in person at the St. Charles Campus and online from 7-9pm. Register now at biblesavvy.com.
ENNEAGRAM WORKSHOP WITH SUE NICODEM
Join Sue Nicodem for a free webinar on November 14 (9-10:30am) unpacking and going deeper into the final point of her October 24 & 25 Different Together sermon, "Across Personalities."
Right before the holidays is the perfect time to gain new tools for relating to others. She will delve into growing in self-awareness, Gospel-awareness, and others-awareness. Register at ccclife.org/personality.
By participating in any Christ Community Church activity, I acknowledge that:
- There are inherent risks with any gathering. I understand these risks and fully assume all responsibility.
- I understand that safety precautions are in place and I agree to abide by all guidelines communicated verbally or in writing.
- I agree to follow COVID-19 prevention guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, including, but not limited to, frequent hand washing or use of hand sanitizer.
- I agree to wear a mask at all times while indoors at any church campus and/or activity.
- I agree to maintain proper social distancing (at least 6 feet) while indoors or outdoors at any church campus and/or activity.
- I agree to be conscious of and not participate in any group which size exceeds the current acceptable group size on that date for the state of Illinois.
- I agree that I will not visit any church campus or participate in any church activities if either of the following statements are true:
- I or anyone in my household have had any cold or flu-like symptoms, such as fever, cough or shortness of breath, within the last 14 days;
- I or anyone in my household have been in contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
WEEKLY REGISTRATION INFO
Registration for weekend services opens every Mondays at 10am at ccclife.org/register.
Our services adhere to suggested health guidelines for masks and social distancing. Please see our Participation Agreement for guidelines we will be enforcing. These guidelines will be posted and are in place to help keep everyone safe and healthy.
We want you to make an informed choice to either worshop in-person or online so please read our Frequently Asked Questions.
Child Dedication This Fall
Child Dedication will be held on November 14 & 15. An approval application and attendance at our preparation class are required. Visit ccclife.org/childdedication to apply online, download an application, or receive more information.
Are you interested in adoption?
In Illinois, 3,300 of children in foster care are waiting to be adopted. Homes of Hope is a ministry within Christ Community Church to encourage and prepare individuals, couples, and families to care for vulnerable children and to walk them through the adoption process. Christ Community Church provides financial grants for those interested in forever changing the lives of these vulnerable children. Visit ccclife.org/vulnerablechildren.
Spanish Community Groups
Do you or someone you know resonate more effectively in Spanish? Christ Community now offers Spanish-language Community Groups. Visit ccclife.org/grupoespanoles for more information or to register.