Planning for marriage is an exciting time! To help you have a fulfilling, lifelong experience with your spouse we believe a marriage should be built upon giving and receiving God's love toward Him and then each other.
Because of that lifelong investment we hope to make in the lives of couples who are considering marriage at Christ Community Church, we want to ensure you have a solid grasp on the following pre-marriage preparations:
- Discuss planned date and alternate dates for the wedding
- Discuss wedding location
- Discuss desired presiding pastor for the wedding
- Budget for related fees as applicable (i.e. pre-marital mentoring supplies, day-of pastor/singers, etc.)
- Attend our church regularly for at least 3 months before scheduling a wedding.
- Attend all pre-marriage mentoring sessions, and receive approval from the pastor to hold a wedding on site. Pre-marriage mentoring is required for all couples getting married at any Christ Community Church campus or being married by any of our pastors at another location. We ask couples to begin their pre-marital mentoring four to six months prior to the wedding date. Pre-marriage includes an initial meeting with a campus pastor, inventories, book studies, and couple mentoring.
- Understand and come under the authority of a biblical perspective for a pre-marital lifestyle. This lifestyle includes not living together and signing a sexual purity covenant. If couple is currently living together, they must live separately until married.
For more information about how to take the next steps toward pre-marriage mentoring and to plan your wedding, please complete the "Pre-marriage Wedding Info Form" by clicking here.
For pricing and guidelines on having your wedding at Christ Community Church, please refer to our detailed Wedding Guide.
If you have further questions, please contact your campus pastor below:
- Bartlett Campus: Cory Shumate at 630.657.8129
- Blackberry Creek Campus: Eric Hays at 630.450.8006
- DeKalb Campus: Greg Hodsden at 815.787.6161 x8313
- St. Charles Campus: Paul Giersz at 630.485.3376