Operation Christmas Child
Be a part of changing children's lives all over the world through a simple gift with Operation Christmas Child. A shoebox is the first gift many children have ever received and the treasures inside allow them to experience God's love in a tangible way.
This year we are inviting our neighbors to join us in packing over 3,000 shoeboxes between all of our campuses.
Here's what to do:
- Pick up Neighbor Packs of 3 or 5 boxes at any of our campuses starting October 17. These are already bundled in to-go packs with instructions for you as well as instructions for your neighbors. You can also pick up individual boxes at all campuses.
- Drop off boxes to your neighbors by November 6 and let them know when you will be picking them up.
- Collect shoeboxes by November 13 or arrange for a special time for your neighbors to return the completed boxes to you.
- Bring your shoeboxes back to your campus between October 24-November 15 or on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9am-5pm.
If you'd rather build a virtual shoebox, click on the button below!
Packing a Shoebox is Easy!
STEP 1: See the "How to Pack a Shoebox" brochure or check-out instructions here. Choose whether your shoebox will be for a Boy or Girl and choose an age category.
STEP 2: Pack a standard-size shoebox. Plastic shoe boxes work well because they can be reused for gathering water or supplies. Wrapping the shoebox is optional – if you do, please wrap the lid separately and rubberband securely.
STEP 3: Fill the box with a variety of age-appropriate gifts (see below). Gifts must be new. Feel free to send a note or prayer to share the Good News of Jesus Christ with a hurting child. Do not include: used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures; chocolate or food; out-of-date candy; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.
STEP 4: A suggested donation $9 or more dollars helps cover shipping and other project costs. Donations may be combined for more than one box. There are now THREE ways to include a donation for your filled shoebox.
- You can use the envelope on the brochure and enclose a check made out to Samaritan's Purse for $9. Place the envelope into the shoebox.
- You can use the included self-adhesive label and pre-pay for your box using the provided QR Code. You can then track your box as it travels to the child who will receive it.
- You can pre-pay for your shoebox online and print a label here.
STEP 5: Place a
STEP 6: Follow your shoebox! If you make your donation online or through the QR code, you can track your shoebox. Click here for more information.
No time to pack a shoebox? You can Build a Shoebox Online
Toys: toy cars, yo-yos, jump ropes, balls, toys that light up and make noise (with extra batteries), etc.
School Supplies: pens, pencils and sharpeners, crayons, markers, notebooks, paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
Non-liquid Hygiene Items: toothbrushes, bar soap, combs, washcloths, etc.
Accessories: T-shirts, socks, hats, sunglasses, hair clips, jewelry, watches, flashlights (with extra batteries), etc.
Crafts: Make your own items such as hair bows, finger puppets, and friendship bracelets.
A Personal Note: You may enclose a note to the child and a photo of yourself, your family, or group. If you include your name and an address, the child may be able to write back.
PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE:
Candy; toothpaste; gum; used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives, or military figures; chocolate or food; seeds; fruit rolls or other fruit snacks; drink mixes (powdered or liquid); liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.
More information on Samaritan's Purse and Operation Christmas Child visit their website here.