Parent Pathway: Prepare
In this stage, we recognize you are dreaming and planning for parenthood through birth or adoption, and we want to be available to you. We want to partner with you to help you know what to expect spiritually when you’re expecting.
We would love for you to share some basic information about your impending arrival so we can be a resource for you and pray for you!
Our Homes of Hope ministry seeks to cultivate a culture within Christ Community Church that encourages and prepares individuals, couples and families to care for vulnerable children and spread the good news of Jesus in the process.
The dedication service is a confirmation between the parents and the church that each will do their part to see the child discover and fulfill God's unique purpose for his or her life. Child Dedications are held twice a year during adult worship services.
BOOKs & RESOURCES
- Zero to One: Parenting Through the "I Need You Now" Phase - Reggie Joiner & Kristen Ivy
- Parenting: 14 Gospel Principles - Paul David Tripp
- Spiritual Parenting - Michelle Anthony
- Expectant Parents: Preparing Together for the Journey of Parenthood - Suzanna Hadley Gosselin
- Expecting Wonder: The Transformative Experience of Becoming a Mother - Brittany L. Bergman
FOR ADOPTIVE PARENTS
- The Connected Child - Karyn B. Purvis
- Adopted For Life - Russell Moore
- Mommy's Heart Went POP! - Christina Kyllonen
- Prayers for Adoption - prayer cards for the journey - The Daily Grace Co.